Akarkara (Anacyclus pyrethrum) is a herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine for its various health benefits.
सुहृदो दःखहारी च दीपनः पाचनः स्मृतः।
बुद्धिवर्धकः श्लेष्महरः शुद्धज्वरहारकृत्॥
Suhṛdo daḥkhahārī ca dīpanaḥ pācanaḥ smṛtaḥ |
Buddhivardhakaḥ śleṣmaharaḥ śuddhajvarahārakṛt ||
“The Akarkara herb is a friend to those who suffer, as it is known for its ability to alleviate pain and discomfort. It is a digestive and appetite stimulant, and is also known for improving brain function and memory. Additionally, it helps to balance excess mucus in the body and is effective in treating fever.”
This provides a comprehensive overview of the various health benefits associated with the Akarkara herb. It suggests that the herb is versatile and effective in treating a range of ailments, including pain, digestive issues, fever, and cognitive impairment. By highlighting these benefits, the verse underscores the value and importance of this medicinal herb in traditional Indian medicine.
Akarkara (Anacyclus pyrethrum) is a herb commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine for its various health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of akarkara:
- Stimulates digestion: Akarkara has carminative properties, which means it can help stimulate digestion and relieve symptoms of bloating, gas, and indigestion.
- Boosts immunity: Akarkara has immunomodulatory properties, which means it can help boost the immune system and protect against infections and diseases.
- Improves dental health: Akarkara has astringent and antimicrobial properties, which make it beneficial for oral health. It can help strengthen the teeth and gums, prevent cavities, and fight against bad breath.
- Relieves pain and inflammation: Akarkara has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it useful for reducing pain and inflammation in the body.
- Enhances sexual health: Akarkara is considered an aphrodisiac in Ayurvedic medicine, as it can help enhance libido, improve sexual performance, and treat sexual disorders such as erectile dysfunction.
- Boosts brain function: Akarkara is believed to have nootropic properties, which means it can help improve cognitive function, enhance memory, and reduce mental fatigue.
- Treats respiratory problems: Akarkara has expectorant properties, which make it beneficial for treating respiratory problems such as coughs, colds, and asthma. It can help loosen mucus and clear the airways.
- Improves blood circulation: Akarkara has vasodilatory properties, which means it can help improve blood circulation and lower blood pressure. This can help prevent cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.
- Anti-aging benefits: Akarkara has antioxidant properties, which means it can help protect the body against free radical damage and slow down the aging process. It can also help improve skin health and prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
- Relieves menstrual problems: Akarkara is used in Ayurvedic medicine to relieve menstrual problems such as irregular periods, painful periods, and excessive bleeding. It can help regulate menstrual cycles and reduce menstrual cramps.
- Treats neurological disorders: Akarkara is believed to have neuroprotective properties, which means it can help protect the nervous system and treat neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
Overall, akarkara is a versatile herb with many potential health benefits. However, it is important to use it under the guidance of a qualified practitioner and to follow recommended dosages to avoid any adverse effects.
Akarkara can be consumed in various forms, such as powder, decoction, or oil. However, it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner or healthcare professional before using akarkara or any other herb for medicinal purposes, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.
Akarkara In Different Languages:
- Akarkara in English : Pellitory, Longwort, Mount Atlas Daisy, Spanish Chamomile
- Akarkara in Hindi : Akarkara, Karkara
- Akarkara in Latin : Anacyclus pyrethrum DC.
- Akarkara in Urdu : Aqarqarah
- Akarkara in Arabic : ‘Aaqir Qarha, ‘Ood al-qarh, Kurkurhaan, ‘Aaqarqarhaa
- Akarkara in German : Römischer Bertram, Spanischer Bertram
- Akarkara in Kannada : Akkallakara, Akallakara, Akalakarabha, Akkallaka Hommugulu
- Akarkara in Marathi : Akalkara
- Akarkara in Persian : Bekhe Tarkhoon, Kakrah
- Akarkara in Sanskrit : Akarkarava, Akarkarbha, Akaltnak, Akallka
|Nutrient||Amount per 100 grams||Daily Requirement|
|Carbohydrates||72.5 g||130 g|
|Fiber||0.0 g||25 g|
|Protein||14.0 g||56 g|
|Fat||0.9 g||44-77 g|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg||90 mg|
|Calcium||1080 mg||1000-1300 mg|
|Iron||17.5 mg||8-18 mg|
|Potassium||1270 mg||2000-3000 mg|
|Sodium||50.0 mg||1500-2300 mg|
Note that the information provided is based on limited data and may not be complete or accurate. Additionally, there are no established daily requirements or recommended daily allowances for akarkara specifically. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before adding new supplements or herbs to your diet.
Harmful Effects :
Due to excessive amount of external use of acetic acid, the color of the skin becomes red and it has irritation. If it is consumed more internally, then it can increase the speed of the pulse, diarrhea , dizziness, embarrassment, fainting , bleeding etc. It is also harmful for the lungs as it increases their speed.
Dosage : General Guidelines for Akarkara dosage:
The dosage of Anacyclus Pyrethrum (Akarkara) varies according to age and health conditions. The maximum dosage of Anacyclus Pyrethrum should not exceed from 4 grams a day.
|Powder||1-3 grams per day, usually taken with honey or warm milk|
|Decoction||50-100 ml per day, usually taken after meals|
|Oil||5-10 drops per day, usually applied externally on the affected area|
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy
To know more about this , Please watch the Video !!