Ashwagandha is considered to have a wide range of health benefits, particularly as a rejuvenative and adaptogenic herb
“अश्वगंधा बलकृष्णा तु रूक्षा तु लघु कामिनी।
वातकफहर कृत् सर्वावयविनुत् ||”
“Ashvagandha balakr̥shnā tu rūkṣā tu laghu kāminī।
Vātakaphahara kṛt sarvāvayavinut ||”
This is also from the Charaka Samhita and describes some of the properties and benefits of Ashwagandha. It translates to:
“Ashwagandha is a strength-promoting, black-coloured and dry herb, which is light in nature. It is beneficial for the diseases caused by Vata and Kapha doshas, and helps to strengthen all the bodily tissues.”
Vernacular names for Ashwagandha:
- Hindi: Ashwagandha, अश्वगंधा
- Sanskrit: Ashwagandha, अश्वगंधा
- Tamil: Amukkara Kizhangu, அமுக்கரக்கிழங்கு
- Telugu: Penneru Gadda, పెన్నెరు గడ్డ
- Kannada: Vajigandha, ವಜಿಗಂಧ
- Malayalam: Amukkura, അമുക്കുര
- Bengali: Ashwagandha, অশ্বগন্ধা
- Gujarati: Aasandha, અસગંધા
- Marathi: Asvagandha, अश्वगंधा
- Punjabi: Asgandh, ਅਸਗੰਧ
General guidelines for dosing Ashwagandha powder:
- For general wellness and stress relief: 1-2 grams of Ashwagandha powder per day, taken with warm milk or water.
- For improving cognitive function: 500-600 mg of Ashwagandha extract (standardized to contain 5% withanolides) taken twice a day.
- For reducing anxiety: 250-600 mg of Ashwagandha extract (standardized to contain 2.5-5% withanolides) taken twice a day.
- For reducing inflammation: 5 grams of Ashwagandha powder per day, split into 2-3 doses.
Again, these are general guidelines, and it’s important to work with a healthcare provider to determine the most appropriate dose for you based on your individual needs and health status.
Benefits of Ashwagandha in Ayurveda include:
- Supporting overall physical and mental health and well-being
- Reducing stress, anxiety, and depression
- Boosting energy, vitality, and endurance
- Improving cognitive function and memory
- Supporting healthy sleep
- Reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in the body
- Boosting immune function
- Supporting healthy reproductive function and hormone balance
- Improving joint and muscle health
- Supporting healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels
Ashwagandha per 100 grams, Nutritional Value:
|Nutrient||Amount per 100 grams||Daily Requirement|
|Carbohydrates||49.98 g||130 g|
|Fiber||11.0 g||25 g|
|Protein||3.9 g||56 g|
|Fat||0.3 g||44-77 g|
|Vitamin C||165 mg||90 mg|
|Calcium||120 mg||1000-1300 mg|
|Iron||5.0 mg||8-18 mg|
|Potassium||1150 mg||2000-3000 mg|
|Sodium||38 mg||1500-2300 mg|
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
> Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
> All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
> Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
> Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
> Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
> Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
> 7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy
To know more about this , Please watch the Video !!
Courtesy : AyurvedShala