Black Turmeric is traditionally made into a paste and applied topically to heal wounds, skin irritations, and snake and insect bites. The paste is believed to have antibacterial and antifungal properties and is also ingested to soothe an upset stomach and relieve digestive issues.
Curcuma caesia, also known as wild turmeric or black turmeric, is a species of turmeric commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine for its potential health benefits. Some of the key benefits of Curcuma caesia include:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Curcuma caesia is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects, which can help to reduce swelling, pain, and redness associated with various inflammatory conditions.
- Antioxidant activity: Curcuma caesia is believed to have antioxidant activity, which can help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Supports liver health: Curcuma caesia is believed to have liver-protective properties, which can help to support overall liver function and reduce the risk of liver damage.
- Supports immune system: Curcuma caesia is believed to have immune-boosting properties, which can help to support overall immune function.
- Potential anti-cancer effects: Some preliminary studies have suggested that Curcuma caesia may have anti-cancer effects and may be useful in the treatment of certain types of cancer.
- Skin care: Curcuma caesia is believed to have skin-healing properties, and is sometimes used topically to treat skin conditions such as wounds, cuts, and infections.
- Respiratory health: Curcuma caesia is believed to have respiratory-protective properties, and is sometimes used to treat respiratory conditions such as cough, cold, and bronchitis.
- Digestive health: Curcuma caesia is believed to have digestive-supporting properties, and is sometimes used to treat digestive conditions such as indigestion, abdominal pain, and constipation.
- Nervous system health: Curcuma caesia is believed to have nervous system-protective properties, and is sometimes used to treat nervous system conditions such as anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
In addition to these traditional uses, Curcuma caesia is also sometimes used in cosmetics and personal care products, as well as in traditional remedies for the treatment of various health conditions.
It is important to note that while these uses are supported by traditional knowledge, more research is needed to fully understand the effects of Curcuma caesia on human health, and to determine the appropriate doses and methods of use for different health conditions. As with any dietary supplement or natural remedy, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before using Curcuma caesia, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any medications.
Disclaimer: Information on this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice.
> Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
> All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
> Free shipping on orders above Rs.500 (exluding tax).
> Flat Rs.50 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500.
> Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
> Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
> 7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy
To know more about Kali haldi watch the video below…