Kunja mishri – कुंजा मिश्री – Rock Sugar – Rock candy
Kunja Mishri, also known as mishri or Kumbh Mishri, is a type of unrefined sugar that is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine and cooking. It is made by slowly heating and evaporating sugarcane juice until it crystallizes into small, rock-like formations.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Kunja mishri is believed to have a number of health benefits, including:
- Relieves cough and throat irritation: Kunja mishri is commonly used to soothe coughs and sore throats. It can be added to hot water or milk and consumed to help reduce irritation and inflammation in the throat.
- Boosts immunity: Kunja mishri is believed to have immune-boosting properties that help to protect the body from infections and illnesses.
- Promotes digestive health: Kunja mishri is known to have a cooling effect on the body and can help to soothe digestive issues like indigestion, constipation, and acidity.
- Provides energy: Kunja mishri is a natural source of energy and is often consumed to help combat fatigue and weakness.
- Balances doshas: Kunja mishri is believed to have a balancing effect on all three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and is used to restore balance in the body.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Kunja Mishri is believed to have a number of health benefits. Some of its commonly claimed benefits include:
- Helps to balance Vata and Pitta doshas
- Boosts immunity and energy levels
- Supports respiratory health
- Promotes healthy digestion and metabolism
- Helps to soothe sore throat and cough
Kunja Mishri is considered to be a healthier alternative to refined white sugar because it is unrefined and contains more nutrients such as calcium, iron, and potassium. It is also believed to be a better option for people with diabetes because it has a lower glycemic index compared to refined sugar.
However, it’s important to note that excessive consumption of any type of sugar can have negative health effects. It’s best to use Kunja Mishri in moderation and as part of a balanced diet. Overall, Kunja mishri is a natural and healthy sweetener that is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine for its health benefits. However, as with any sweetener, it should be consumed in moderation as excessive consumption can have negative health effects.