Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) is a widely used herb in Ayurveda, and it has been mentioned in various ancient Ayurvedic texts. Qualities and benefits of Manjistha:
- मञ्जिष्ठा रक्तपित्तहरी स्वादुष्णा तीक्ष्णगुणा।
- कृमिहरी दुर्गन्धा च स्निग्धा विषहरी तथा॥
Manjistha is bitter and pungent in taste, and has a sharp quality. It is effective in treating skin diseases, and is a vermifuge. It has an unpleasant smell and is unctuous, and is also an antidote to poison.
Manjistha according to Ayurveda, including its ability to treat skin diseases, its vermifugal properties, and its ability to act as an antidote to poison.
Manjistha in different Indian languages:
- Hindi: Manjistha, मंजिस्था
- Sanskrit: Manjishtha, मञ्जिष्ठा
- Tamil: Manjitti, மஞ்சித்தி
- Telugu: Tamravalli, తామ్రవల్లి
- Kannada: Majjige, ಮಜ್ಜಿಗೆ
- Malayalam: Manchatti, മഞ്ചാട്ടി
- Bengali: Manjistha, মঞ্জিষ্ঠা
- Gujarati: Manjith, મંજીઠ
- Marathi: Manjistha, मांजिष्ठा
- Punjabi: Manjith, ਮਂਜਿਥ
Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia) commonly known benefits:
- Blood Cleanser: Manjistha is considered a powerful blood purifier and is often used in Ayurvedic formulations to support healthy blood circulation and detoxification. It helps to remove toxins and impurities from the blood, lymphatic system, and tissues.
- Skin Health: Manjistha is believed to promote healthy skin by clearing heat and toxins from the blood. It is often used to support healthy wound healing, reduce skin inflammation, and maintain healthy skin pigmentation.
- Lymphatic System Support: Manjistha is traditionally used to support the health of the lymphatic system, which is responsible for removing waste and toxins from the body. It helps to move lymphatic fluids, reduce swelling, and support overall immune function.
- Digestive Support: Manjistha is considered beneficial for digestive health, particularly in cases of excess heat and inflammation in the digestive tract. It is often used to support healthy bowel movements, reduce inflammation, and promote healthy digestion.
- Menstrual Health: Manjistha is traditionally used to support healthy menstrual cycles and relieve menstrual discomfort. It is believed to help regulate blood flow and reduce menstrual cramps.
- Joint Health: Manjistha is also believed to support healthy joints and reduce inflammation in the body. It is traditionally used in Ayurveda to support joint health and reduce joint pain and stiffness.
- Immune System Support: Manjistha is believed to support healthy immune system function, particularly in cases of inflammation and infection. It is often used in Ayurvedic formulations to support overall immune health and to help the body fight off infections and illnesses.
- Urinary Tract Health: Manjistha is traditionally used to support the health of the urinary tract and to promote healthy urine flow. It is believed to help reduce inflammation and irritation in the urinary system and support healthy kidney function.
- Cardiovascular Health: Manjistha is also believed to support healthy cardiovascular function by helping to regulate blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels, and improve blood circulation. It may also help to prevent the formation of blood clots and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties: Manjistha contains a variety of compounds, including flavonoids and anthraquinones, that have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These compounds help to reduce inflammation in the body, protect against oxidative stress, and support overall health and well-being.
It’s important to note that while Manjistha has a long history of traditional use and is generally considered safe, it may interact with certain medications and should not be used in large doses or for prolonged periods without the guidance of a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Manjistha, also known as Rubia cordifolia, Nutritional content:
|Nutrient||Amount per 100 grams||Daily Requirement|
|Carbohydrates||14.8 g||130 g|
|Fiber||0.0 g||25 g|
|Protein||2.4 g||56 g|
|Fat||0.1 g||44-77 g|
|Vitamin C||0.0 mg||90 mg|
|Calcium||490 mg||1000-1300 mg|
|Iron||1.7 mg||8-18 mg|
|Potassium||230 mg||2000-3000 mg|
|Sodium||6 mg||1500-2300 mg|
General dosage guidelines for manjistha, along with recommended mixing options:
|Form of Manjistha||Dosage||Mixing Options|
|Powder||1-2 teaspoons, once or twice daily||Mix with water, juice, or other beverages. Can also be added to smoothies, yogurt, or other foods.|
|Capsules||500-1000 mg, once or twice daily||Take with water or other beverage.|
|Tincture||30-60 drops, two to three times per day||Mix with water or other beverage.|
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy