चिन्तामणि समायुक्तं दारुच्छूर्णविभूषितम् ।
कर्णिकारं तमालस्य बीजं वित्तमिदं स्मृतम् ॥
Cintāmaṇi samāyuktaṃ dārucchūrṇa vibhūṣitam |
Karṇikāraṃ tamālasya bījaṃ vittam idaṃ smṛtam ||
“The seed of tamarind, which is adorned with the precious stone Chintamani, coated with the powder of Daru and surrounded by the flower of Karnikara, is considered as a valuable asset.”
This verse highlights the value and importance of tamarind seeds, which have been used for various medicinal and culinary purposes in traditional Ayurvedic medicine.
Vernacular names for pahadi Imli in different languages:
- Hindi: Imli, इमली
- Tamil: Puli, புளி
- Telugu: Chintapandu, చింతపండు
- Kannada: Hunase hannu, ಹುಣಸೆ ಹಣ್ಣು
- Malayalam: Puli, പുളി
- Bengali: Tetul, তেতুল
- Gujarati: Amli, આમલી
- Marathi: Chinch, चिंच
- Punjabi: Tamarind, ਇਮਲੀ
- Arabic: Tamr Hindi, تمر هندي
Raw tamarind is heavy, hot and very sour. The person whose body is not suitable for tamarind should not take tamarind because it may be the cause of tooth sourness,headache, jaw pain, breathing problems, cough and fever.
Useful in various diseases :
1. Blood piles:
- Make the fine powder by grinding bark of tamarind tree and filter it with the help of a cloth. Taking this powder with cow’s curd twice a day is useful to get relief.
- Lick 1 to 2 grams ash of tamarind seeds with curd; it cures bloody piles.
- Drinking juice of tamarind leaves is useful to get relief in bloody piles.
- Taking 10 grams ash of tamarind bark with 40 ml goat’s urine is useful.
- Soak tamarind in the water for some time then crush it and drink, it provides relief in jaundice.
3. Vomiting and acidity:
4. Heart problems:
Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
To know more about benefits and uses of Pahadi imli watch the video below…
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy