गृहाण पनीर दोदीं स्निग्धं शीतं च लघु वीर्यवत्।
मेदः पित्तं श्लेष्म मलं च सफलं विवर्धयेत्।।
Gr̥hāṇa panīra dōdīṃ snigdhaṃ śītaṃ ca laghu vīryavat |
Mēdaḥ pittaṃ ślēṣma malaṃ ca phalaṃ vivardhayet ||
“Take Paneer Dodi, which is unctuous, cool, and has light potency. It helps increase fat, reduce Pitta and Kapha, and promote excretion of waste products.”
This verse extols the virtues of Paneer Dodi, a medicinal herb used in Ayurveda to promote health and wellbeing. It emphasizes its ability to balance the body’s humors (Pitta and Kapha), improve digestion and metabolism, and promote overall health.
Vernacular names for paneer dodi in different languages:
- Hindi: Paneer Ke Phool, पनीर के फूल
- Tamil: Siru Paneer, சிறு பனீர்
- Telugu: Somala Paneeru, సోమల పనీరు
- Kannada: Ekka-Nagadali-Hoovu, ಎಕ್ಕ-ನಾಗದಳಿ-ಹೂವು
- Bengali: Paneer Phool, পনির ফুল
- Gujarati: Paneer Dodi, પનીર ડોડી
- Marathi: Paneer Dodi, पनीर डोडी
- Malayalam: Pachotti, പച്ചോട്ടി
- Punjabi: Paneer Phool, ਪਨੀਰ ਫੂਲ
- Urdu: Paneer Ke Phool, پنیر کے پھول
- Sanskrit: Prasarini, प्रसारिणी
- English: Rennet, Indian Rennet, or Paneer Root
- Nepali: Paneer Phool, पनीर फूल
- Oriya: Paneer Phoola, ପନୀର ଫୁଲ
- Assamese: Paneer Phool, পনিৰ ফুল
- Manipuri: Thangjing, থাংজিং
- Tripuri: Kumpui Bula, কুম্পুই বুলা
- Bodo: Panihera Fwthar, পানিহেৰা ফোথাৰ
- Konkani: Kulloli, कुल्लोळी
- Tulu: Paniyekkare, ಪನಿಯೆಕ್ಕರೆ
Ayurvedic benefits of Paneer Dodi:
- Digestive Health: Paneer Dodi has digestive properties and is used to treat digestive disorders such as diarrhea, dysentery, and constipation. It also helps in reducing flatulence and bloating.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: The plant contains anti-inflammatory compounds that help in reducing inflammation and swelling in the body. It is beneficial in conditions such as arthritis and other inflammatory disorders.
- Blood Sugar Control: Paneer Dodi has been found to have hypoglycemic properties, which can help in managing blood sugar levels. It is helpful for people with diabetes.
- Immunity Booster: Paneer Dodi is known to boost the immune system and help the body fight against infections and diseases. It contains antioxidants that protect the body from free radical damage.
- Anti-cancer Properties: Paneer Dodi has been found to have anti-cancer properties, and it is being studied for its potential use in cancer treatment.
- Skin Health: The plant has antibacterial and antifungal properties and is used in the treatment of skin infections, acne, and other skin problems.
- Stress and Anxiety Relief: Paneer Dodi has adaptogenic properties, which means that it helps the body adapt to stress and anxiety. It has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps in reducing anxiety and stress-related symptoms.
- Respiratory Health: Paneer Dodi is beneficial in respiratory disorders such as asthma and bronchitis. It helps in reducing inflammation and clearing the airways.
- Anti-aging Properties: The plant contains antioxidants that protect the body from free radical damage and slow down the aging process. It helps in maintaining healthy skin and hair.
- Menstrual Health: Paneer Dodi has been used in Ayurveda to treat menstrual disorders such as irregular periods, painful periods, and heavy bleeding. It helps in regulating menstrual cycles and reducing menstrual pain.
- Liver Health: Paneer Dodi has been found to have hepatoprotective properties, which means that it helps in protecting the liver from damage. It is beneficial in conditions such as liver cirrhosis and hepatitis.
- Anti-allergic Properties: Paneer Dodi has been found to have anti-allergic properties and is used in the treatment of allergies and allergic reactions.
Overall, Paneer Dodi is a beneficial herb that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. However, it is important to consult a healthcare provider before using any herbal remedy, including Paneer Dodi, to avoid any adverse effects or interactions with other medications.
Dosage guidelines for paneer dodi in Ayurveda:
|Form of Paneer Dodi||Dosage||Mixing|
|Dried Powder||1-2 grams per day, divided into two doses||Mix with warm water, milk or honey|
|Capsules||1-2 capsules (500mg each) per day, divided into two doses||Take with water|
|Tea||1-2 cups per day||Boil 1 tsp of dried paneer dodi in 1 cup of water, strain and add honey or lemon if desired|
|Paste||Apply topically as needed||Mix the powder with water or aloe vera gel to make a paste, apply to affected areas|
Paneer Dodi, also known as Withania coagulans, nutritional content:
|Nutrient||Amount per 100 grams||Daily Requirement|
|Carbohydrates||0 g||130 g|
|Fiber||0 g||25 g|
|Protein||0 g||56 g|
|Fat||0 g||44-77 g|
|Vitamin C||0 mg||90 mg|
|Calcium||0 mg||1000-1300 mg|
|Iron||0 mg||8-18 mg|
|Potassium||0 mg||2000-3000 mg|
|Sodium||0 mg||1500-2300 mg|
To know more about Paneer Doda Watch Video Below:-
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy