शाक्यत्वं चापि तत्त्वेन संस्थाप्य च मलप्रदम्।
पित्तदोषं च सम्प्राप्ते शतावरी परिपालयेत्॥
Śākyatvaṃ cāpi tattvena saṃsthāpya ca malapradam |
Pittadoṣaṃ ca samprāpte śatāvarī paripālayet ||
Translation: “Dry rose petals, when used in the right way, can help to clear toxins from the body. When combined with Shatavari, they are especially effective at reducing excess pitta (heat) in the body. It is important to take care of the Shatavari plant to ensure its proper growth and use for medicinal purposes.”
Vernacular names for dry rose petals:
- Hindi: Sukha Gulab Ka Phool, सूखा गुलाब का फूल
- Sanskrit: Shushk Gulab ke Phool, शुष्क गुलाब के फूल
- Tamil: Pookalai Thaazhampoo, பூக்களை தாழம்பூ
- Telugu: Rōjukōsu Poolu, రోజుకోసు పూలు
- Kannada: Ona Gulabi Hoo, ಒನ ಗುಲಾಬಿ ಹೂ
- Malayalam: Roja Poo, റോസ് പൂ
- Bengali: Sukha Golap, শুকা গোলাপ
- Gujarati: Sukhano Gulabo Phool, સૂખાનો ગુલાબો ફૂલ
- Marathi: Suka Gulabache Phool, सुका गुलाबाचे फुल
- Punjabi: Sukha Gulab da Phul, ਸੂਖਾ ਗੁਲਾਬ ਦਾ ਫੂਲ
Dry rose petals are considered a versatile and valuable herb. Here are some of the benefits of dry rose petals in Ayurveda:
- Cooling and soothing: Rose petals have a cooling effect on the body, which can help to soothe inflammatory conditions. They are also effective in reducing Pitta dosha, one of the three primary energies in Ayurveda that is associated with heat, anger, and inflammation.
- Digestive aid: Dry rose petals are rich in fiber, which can help to promote healthy digestion. They also have a mild laxative effect, which can help to relieve constipation.
- Skin care: Rose petals are known for their skin-soothing and hydrating properties. They contain natural oils that can help to moisturize and nourish the skin, as well as antioxidants that can protect against damage from free radicals.
- Respiratory health: Dry rose petals have a mild expectorant effect, which can help to relieve coughs and congestion. They are also effective in soothing sore throats and reducing inflammation in the respiratory system.
- Mood enhancement: The scent of rose petals is known to have a calming effect on the mind and body. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety, promote relaxation, and enhance mood.
- Hormonal balance: Rose petals contain compounds that can help to balance hormones in the body. This can be especially helpful for women who experience menstrual irregularities or menopausal symptoms.
- Immune system support: Dry rose petals are rich in vitamin C, which can help to boost the immune system and protect against infections. They also contain other antioxidants that can help to protect against cellular damage and promote overall health.
- Cardiovascular health: Rose petals contain compounds that can help to improve cardiovascular health by reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, and improving circulation.
- Oral health: The antimicrobial properties of dry rose petals can help to promote oral health by reducing bacteria in the mouth and preventing bad breath. Rose petals can also help to soothe sore gums and promote healing.
- Eye health: The vitamin A and antioxidants in dry rose petals can help to support eye health and protect against age-related eye diseases.
Dry rose petals can be used in a variety of ways in Ayurveda, including as an ingredient in teas, tonics, and skincare products. They are safe for most people to use, but as with any herb,
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy