Sajjikhar – सज्जीखार – Haloxylon – Salsola stocksii
Sajjikhar, also known as Sajji Kshara, is a traditional Ayurvedic medicine made from the ashes of specific plants, such as banana stem and peepal tree bark. It is commonly used to treat digestive disorders, particularly hyperacidity and acid reflux.
- Sajji Kshara (Hindi)
- Sajji Kara (Kannada)
- Sajje Kshara (Telugu)
- Sajjikshar (Gujarati)
- Saaji Kshar (Marathi)
- Sajji Lavan (Punjabi)
- Sajji Khar (Bengali)
- Rasa (Taste): Sour
- Virya (Energy): Cooling
- Vipaka: Sour
- Guna (Quality): Light, Dry
- Digestive Health: Sajjikhar is used in Ayurveda to treat digestive issues like hyperacidity, acid reflux, and indigestion.
- Diuretic: Sajjikhar is considered a diuretic and may help improve urinary function and prevent kidney stones.
- Respiratory Health: Sajjikhar is used in Ayurveda to treat respiratory conditions like asthma and coughs.
- Skin Health: Sajjikhar is used in Ayurveda to treat skin conditions like acne and rashes.
- Antacid: Sajjikhar has antacid properties and can help neutralize excess stomach acid.
Note: Sajjikhar should only be taken under the guidance of a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. It may have side effects and should not be taken in excess. Pregnant and lactating women should avoid Sajjikhar.