The fruit of eulophia campestris wall (tuber-root) is pungent and hot natured. It takes time in digestion. It increases appetite, digestion power and excitement. It is beneficial inheart problems and purifies the blood and sperm. A person remains far from old age to some extant after its use.
सालेप प्रवराः शीतलाः कटुकाः कफवातपहाः ।
वृष्याः स्तन्याः पुरुषाणां दुर्लभा ये सर्वदा स्मृताः ॥
sālepapravarāḥ śītalāḥ kaṭukāḥ kaphavātaphahāḥ ।
vṛṣyāḥ stanyāḥ puruṣāṇāṃ durlabhā ye sarvadā smṛtāḥ ॥
Salep orchids are cooling and pungent, and are beneficial for reducing Kapha and Vata doshas. They are also known for their aphrodisiac and lactation-promoting properties, making them rare and always remembered by men.
Meaning in Hindi: सालेप ऑर्किड में ठंडक और तीखा गुण होते हैं जो कफ और वात को कम करने में मददगार होते हैं। इसके साथ ही ये वृषवादी और स्तनपान को बढ़ावा देने वाले गुणों से भी जाने जाते हैं, जो उन्हें पुरुषों द्वारा दुर्लभ बनाते हैं
Salep Orchid roots, also known as salep, are used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for their various health benefits. Some of the benefits of Salep Orchid roots in Ayurveda are:
- Aphrodisiac Properties: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have aphrodisiac properties and are used to enhance desire and improve performance.
- Nervine Tonic Properties: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have nervine tonic properties and are used to treat nervous disorders, such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
- Cardiovascular Health: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have a positive effect on cardiovascular health and are used to lower blood pressure, improve blood circulation, and prevent heart disease.
- Immune System Boost: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to boost the immune system and help prevent infections and illnesses.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have anti-inflammatory properties and are used to treat various inflammatory conditions, such as arthritis, gout, and rheumatism.
- Digestive Health: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have a positive effect on digestive health and are used to treat various digestive disorders, such as indigestion, bloating, and constipation.
- Respiratory Health: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have a positive effect on respiratory health and are used to treat various respiratory disorders, such as asthma, bronchitis, and cough.
- Skin Health: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have a positive effect on skin health and are used to treat various skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Bone Health: Salep Orchid roots (Salab Panja) are believed to have a positive effect on bone health and are used to improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Stress Relief: Salep Orchid roots are believed to have a calming effect on the mind and body and are used to relieve stress and promote relaxation.
It’s important to keep in mind that these benefits are based on traditional use and have not been scientifically proven. It’s best to consult a licensed healthcare practitioner before using Salep Orchid roots for any therapeutic purposes.
Vernacular names for Salab panja :
- Hindi: Salam Panja, सलाम पंजा
- Bengali: Salampanja, সালামপাঞ্জা
- Tamil: Thara, தாரா
- Telugu: Salabhamu, సలభము
- Kannada: Salamisri, ಸಲಾಮಿಶ್ರಿ
- Malayalam: Salamisiri, സലാമിശ്രി
- Gujarati: Salampanja, સલામપંજા
- Marathi: Salamishri, सलापंजा
- Punjabi: Salam misri, ਸਲਾਮ ਮਿਸਰੀ
- Arabic: Sahlab, صحلب
- Turkish: Salep orkidesi
- Persian: Sahlab, سهلب
- Greek: Salepi, σαλέπι
- Italian: Orchidea gigante, orchidea maschio, orchidea a mazza di tamburo
- French: Orchis mâle, orchis à larges feuilles
- Spanish: Orquídea abejorro, orchis abejorro, orquídea macho
- German: Breitblättriges Knabenkraut
- Russian: Shiritsa, ширитса
- Chinese: Da ye mu lan, 大叶木兰
General dosage guidelines for Salep Orchid in Ayurveda:
|Form of Salep Orchid||Dosage||How to mix/ take|
|Powder||1-2 grams||Mix with honey or milk and take once or twice daily|
|Capsules||1-2 capsules||Take with water once or twice daily|
|Tincture||30-40 drops||Mix with water and take two to three times per day|
|Decoction||50-100 ml||Boil 1-2 grams of Salep Orchid powder in water and drink once or twice daily|
Disclaimer: Please note that it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before using any herb for therapeutic purposes, as the benefits may vary depending on the individual’s health status and dosha imbalance.
Minimum order value Rs.100 only.
All shown prices are inclusive of GST.
Free shipping on orders above Rs.1000.
Flat Rs. 99 Shipping Charges on orders below Rs.500 and Rs 49 order between Rs.501-999.
Actual product images used, product and image color may slightly differ.
Secure Payment by Razorpay and Paytm. Learn more about secure payments.
7 Day Returns is applicable in case the item is damaged, defective or different from description. Check our Return Policy