Vijay Saar – Bijasal – Vernacular names:
- Indian kino tree, Malabar kino
- Bijasal (Hindi)
- Venga (Tamil)
- Pitasara (Sanskrit)
- Honne (Kannada)
- Kino (Bengali)
- Piasal (Oriya)
- Biyani (Marathi)
- Kino (Gujarati)
- Bimbiesal (Assamese)
- Pterostilbenoid compounds
Malabar kino, also known as Pitasara or Venga in Ayurveda, has been used for centuries in traditional Indian medicine due to its many health benefits. Here are some of the Ayurvedic benefits of Malabar kino:
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) has been shown to have anti-diabetic properties, which make it useful in the management of diabetes. It is believed to help regulate blood sugar levels by stimulating insulin secretion and improving insulin sensitivity.
- Aids digestion: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is commonly used in Ayurveda to aid digestion. It has laxative properties that help to promote bowel movements and relieve constipation.
- Helps with weight management: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is known to help reduce body weight and body fat percentage. It is believed to achieve this by reducing the absorption of carbohydrates and fats in the body.
- Supports cardiovascular health: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) has been shown to have cardioprotective effects. It helps to lower blood pressure, reduce the levels of bad cholesterol, and prevent the formation of blood clots.
- Helps improve skin health: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which make it useful in treating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is also believed to have anti-aging effects, helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Supports respiratory health: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is believed to be beneficial for respiratory health due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It can help to relieve symptoms of respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and cough.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) has potent anti-inflammatory properties due to the presence of flavonoids and other bioactive compounds. It is used in Ayurveda to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, and gout.
- Helps with wound healing: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is used traditionally in Ayurveda to promote wound healing. It has astringent and antimicrobial properties that help to prevent infections and promote tissue regeneration.
- Supports liver health: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) has been shown to have hepatoprotective properties, which means it helps to protect the liver from damage. It can also help to improve liver function and detoxification.
- Helps with menstrual problems: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is believed to be beneficial for women’s health. It can help to regulate menstrual cycles, reduce menstrual cramps, and relieve other menstrual problems.
- Supports oral health: Malabar kino (Vijay Sar) is used traditionally in Ayurveda to promote oral health. It can help to reduce inflammation and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the mouth, thus preventing dental caries and other oral infections.
Overall, Malabar kino is a highly valued herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its diverse range of health benefits. However, it is important to use it under the guidance of a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner to ensure safe and effective use, especially if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any medications.